[Sca-cooks] Massively expensive feast WAS: Smithsonian Stuff

Thu Oct 4 14:59:11 PDT 2001

Nope, I'm a system administrator/programmer who has worked as a mechanic,
rough carpenter and photographer/photolithographer.  I have a pretty decent
memory and my work has geared me to remembering references and where I found
them.  Having to locate and cross reference brief but important passages in
100+ linear feet of changing manuals does that.

I'm curious.  I'm widely travelled.  I read approximately 200 pages per day
(and have for about 45 years), less when dealing with technical material,
more when the reading is lighter.

My general knowledge is broad, but has great depth only where my interests
are engaged.  Also, I often do quick checks of available references to make
sure I remember things correctly or to see if I am overlooking something,
before I respond. This sometimes gives me the appearance of being more
facile than I truly am.

Like everyone, I collect misinformation along the way.  Usually, when I'm
wrong, I'm really WRONG.

Bear