[Sca-cooks] What class would you teach/take?

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Oct 4 15:09:26 PDT 2001

> If your area has a severe problem of adults feeding alcohol to
> minors, then i can see why you'd be hesitant to allow it at feasts.

According to reliable reports, the original incident that prompted the
furor a few years ago was of a young woman taking home a bottle of mead
supplied by donation to a feast.  She did not drink any or intend to drink
any, as far as I've heard.

I was told repeatedly that the official distribution of alcohol by SCA
groups was against our insurance policy and our regs. The current Policy
says nothing about distribution of alcohol, only about purchase, though.

Since we have some youths in our area who have divorced parents, at least
one of which is not in the SCA, I would strongly advise against my group
supplying potable alcohol at an official function whether we have paid for
it or not, as the test at least in Pennsylvania is not whether the persons
who supply alcohol to a minor PAID for that alcohol, but whether they
SUPPLIED it.

(Doncha love it? The BOD's so worried about getting sued that they make
the East lower their armor standards and leave gaping holes like this in
the regs. Idiots.)

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa