[Sca-cooks] Camp Stove Advice?

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sat Oct 6 11:10:36 PDT 2001

What type are you contemplating?
Something like a Coleman or a one-burner
backpack model? What type of fuel or fuels
do you want to deal with?
It might suit your purposes
to have actually two stoves... one to do
coffee and one pot two person meals versus
the full set-up that takes a trailor and
cooks for a camp of 50 people at the War.
Or the small stove and a medium unit.
You might want to check out www.Cabelas.com
and check out their selection of camp stoves
and grills. (Also REI and LL Bean are good too.)
Outsider magazine does a lot of
reviews of smaller stoves and carries all the
ads. Also there is a magazine called Camping
Life that reviews equipment like tents and stoves.
It can be hard to find but some Barnes and Noble
and Borders carry it. There's also a company
called A.J. Prindle at www.ajprindle.com that's
into tailgating and family outing gear. It has a weird
selection of stuff, but is great for ideas.
Hope this helps.

Johnna Holloway  Johnnae llyn Lewis

Morses3 at aol.com wrote: Greetings,>