[Sca-cooks] Camp Stoves Again....

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sat Oct 6 15:45:30 PDT 2001

Morses3 at aol.com wrote:

> --
> I knew I could count on this list to supply good answers to my earlier stove
> questions!
>
> After reading replies, I've looked online at some things available and I'm on
> my way to a camping store to see some in person. It looks like a Coleman two
> burner propane stove would be just right, and the ability to add accessories
> later is appealing too. Is it safe to store the little propane tanks indoors?
> I live in an apartment for the moment so I wonder if they would be okay in a
> closet...the fact that these stoves fold up for storage is also good for me.

Hmm. Tank storage. I think I would store the big refillable one on the
porch or back stoop/patio/whatever. The little green canisters you could
store about anywhere it is semi cool/dark, etc. Though I discovered some
that had been tucked behind the back seat of the van for god only knows
how long and they were ok (you know how hot a van gets in the sunshine?)
but I certainly wouldn't do that on purpose! A closet would probably be
ok.

I've been lusting after the big three-burner one for awhile, but now
with another cook along we have four between us so maybe I don't need
one. Wouldn't mind the enormo-humongo major BTU one that htey use to
deep-fry turkeys and such. Fast dish or bath water!

Has yer fam'ly tried 'em- Powdermilk- *POWDERMILK*!

'Lainie
listening to Prairie Home Companion...