[Sca-cooks] Puritans, was: Canadian Friends

Etain1263 at aol.com Etain1263 at aol.com
Sat Oct 6 17:40:42 PDT 2001

In a message dated 10/06/2001 8:26:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com writes:

<< So when and why did they switch to the typical black and white or was that
 the *thing* for the Pilgrims. >>

That was the whole point...they never did "just black and white".   It's a
myth, propogated and (probably) continued by historical artists.  I'm sure at
one point, the artists just started saying: "oh look, they are wearing black
and white...I'll draw/paint them that  way, too...it MUST be correct!".  And
so it goes....

Etain