[Sca-cooks] OT- CELEBRATION!!!!

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sat Oct 6 22:53:09 PDT 2001

Ted Eisenstein wrote:

> Errrr, for those of us who don't follow whatever sport this
> refers to:
> 1) Who is "they"?

The Seattle Mariners, who I've been following since they started.

> 2) 116 wins is good? or bad? or what?

116 wins Good. I can remember when the Ms would post 100 losses in a
year.

> 3) The 1906 Chicago Cubs record of what? Most wins? Most
> losses? And I should care because?

In 1906, the Cubbies posted 116 wins in the season. No one has done it
since. Monday, the Mariners are expected to pass that number. And it's
cool because... it's COOL! And because it's not the Yankees!

> 4) Who is Sasaki, and who is Rodriquez, and who were the
> Mariners playing?

Sasaki was pitching for Seattle, and Alex Rodrigez was battling for the
Texas Rangers. Texas got shut out, too.

> (Yes, I'm serious. I don't follow sports, and I have absolutely
> no idea what the heck is going on here. . . . And if the Cubs
> hadn't been mentioned, I wouldn't have known what sport
> was being talked about. . . )

Sorry Alban- I got excited about it. I'll go back to my lair...

'Lainie