[Sca-cooks] A challenge to Duke Cariadoc

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Sat Oct 6 23:53:37 PDT 2001

>Unto His Grace, Duke Sir Cariadoc of the Bow

In the Name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful
Lord of the Three World
He That Upholds the Heavens Without Pillars Above Us

Puck courteously invites me to demonstrate the error of Master
Adamantius's views anent Cuskynoles at East Kingdom 12th night.

Allah alone it is who is all knowing. Yet it was my  understanding of
the customs of the Franks that it was for the recipient of a
challenge to make choice of weapons and that the time and place were
to be jointly agreed between the parties. If, as I suppose, the date
proposed is the fifth day of the year by the reckoning of the
Nazarenes, then I fear I am obligated to give instruction on other
matters on that day in a different place, and to students less
elevated than Master Adamantius.

It is however my intention (Inshallah) to be present at the Pennsic
war next, and if Puck were able to drag (or perhaps roll) his right
noble master to so distant a place, my Lady Wife offers to provide
the frying pans. Should that not be acceptable, it is known to all
that if it is the last day of the year (by the reckoning of the
Nazarenes) than my Lady Wife and I are in the fair barony of
Carolingia, visiting with that most gracious, learned and hospitable
lady Marion of Edwinstowe, for so it has been these past twenty years
and more.
--
David/Cariadoc
http://www.daviddfriedman.com/