[Sca-cooks] Puritans, was: Canadian Friends

Volker Bach bachv at paganet.de
Sun Oct 7 03:46:18 PDT 2001

"Laura C. Minnick" schrieb:

> As to temptation- I dunno- how come vampires wear black and white? Think
> about the erotic links there... ;-]

I think the reason vampires wear black and white
is that they all descend, to some extent or other,
from Count Dracula, Varney and The Vampyre. All
those fictional examples were gentlemen, and
therefore would wear what the age demanded a
gentleman wear. However, they were also strange,
romantic and eerie which meant tweeds, bathrobes
or bottle-green lounge suits were right out :-)

Result: put them in a black suit and opera cloak.
It emphasises their connection with the night and
nicely conveys the 'darkly noble' touch.

>From the first stage adaptation the costume just
stuck. Once you have a visual reference point you
can play around with it, but you can not simply
refuse to use it.

Giano