[Sca-cooks] A challenge to Duke Cariadoc

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Oct 7 14:51:27 PDT 2001

Adamantius said:
> Barbara Nostrand wrote:
> > Greetings from Solveig! I am rather perplexed by this purported challenge
> > to Duke Cariadoc of the Bow. What manner of challenge can take place in
> > the kitchens of 12th night in the East Kingdom? For that matter, I can
> > think of many fine cooks who could lay down the gauntlet. What of them?
> > What nature of contest is this?
>
> It's a long story... His Grace and I had debated extensively on a matter of=
>  recipe interpretation. The autocrat of the next EK 12th Night was asking H=
> is Grace if he would be interested in attending the event and demonstrating=
> , with hands-on materials, how his interpretation is superior to mine. I ac=
> tually had wanted to do exactly this at Pennsic, but haven't made it to a P=
> ennsic since we've been discussing this. As for the other many fine cooks, =
> they're entitled tp their own opinions and can issue their own challenges, =
> if challenges they be.

For those who are still perplexed by this, and who probably joined after
the Big Cuskynole discussion, there is a highly edited summary of things
in this file in the FOOD section of the Florilegium:
cuskynoles-msg    (44K)  8/21/00    A medieval fruit-filled pasta dish.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/cuskynoles-msg.html

(Believe me, if I had done only my usual amount of editing, this file
would have been much, much larger).

For what must be some really bizarre reason, Puck seems to want me
there. I hope this doesn't conflict with the Cook's Symposium in
Colorado, which I'm also considering attending. Either probably
costs me almost as much as my flight to Pennsic. :-(

> P.S. Puck, you're toast.

Aw, Adamantius, I think you can surely do better than this. Toast is
so easy to do. Even I can make toast. I would expect something really
wa-zoo from you.

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net