indigo [was Re: [Sca-cooks] Puritans, was: Canadian Friends]

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Mon Oct 8 05:18:08 PDT 2001

What he said. And I still haven't found any sources that tell me whether
it's safe to use inert indigo (the dyeing process involves oxidation) to
color one's pottage, as mentioned in the Anglo-Norman sources, or if they
just meant indigo-colored, ie, blue. And in that case, what are my options
for blue? I mean, I can very easily saunter over to the tackle box of joy
and find the blue icing color, but that doesn't tell me what my period
counterpart would have used.

Look! A food reference! Wheeeeha!  (ok, cocoa on no sleep is a Bad Thing)

Margaret