[Sca-cooks] Re: Wode-ing

Druighad at aol.com Druighad at aol.com
Tue Oct 9 11:47:48 PDT 2001

In a message dated 10/9/01 6:10:12 AM Central Daylight Time,
CalicoJim1 at aol.com writes:

<< Hi Finnebhir, would you mind sending me a "reciepe" for the wode.  I'd like
 to make some.  But I have no idea what kind of powder your talking about.
 Thanks -- Calico

I get my wode from the Guild of Limner's pre-powdered. Then I just re-grind
it in my morter&pestle and gradually add rubbing alcohol to get it to the
consistancy I like for doing patterns and tat's. However, I suggest having a
bit of bleach on hand to do your cleanup with. Seems like bleach is the only
thing that cleans wode making containers to spiffyness again.

If you do contact them, and they are the only ones I have been able to get
authenic Scottish woad from, it runs $4.00 a pouch. Makes enough for two
medium sized people. The pouches look small but they really do make a lot of
"paint". I think I said this earlier, but 2 pouches did for 6 of my household
at Pen. Unfortunately I don't have a link for the Guild. Anyone else have it?

Finnebhir