[SCA-Cooks] Women's Rights in Afghanistan Petition to the UN (Elaine Koogler)

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Thu Oct 11 07:18:16 PDT 2001

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
I'm sorry if I bothered anyone with what I sent out.  I had just read an
editorial by Judy Davis in the Washington Post about this.  While I know that
sending a petition won't do these women any real good, I think that it doesn't
hurt to stand up for what you believe by doing things like this.  I don't mean
to toot my own horn but I've done other things that have meant
something...like at least trying to donate blood (won't take it...afraid of
dengue fever and chemo), donating more money than I really can afford in my
unemployed situation and supporting any and all efforts I deem reasonable.

I was unaware of this web site that you supplied.  And yes, I do agree with
what it said.  I was simply responding to a simple request from a friend I
trust, knowing full well that it won't do any material good, but hoping that,
if these women at least could find out that we care, it might give them
hope...and, after all, that's what life is all about, n'est pas??

Kiri

Morgan Cain wrote:

http://www.snopes2.com/inboxer/petition/afghani.htm[1]

I know you meant well, but could you please read up on things like this
before blasting the list?  PLEASE read the parts about how the return
address is invalid, the chain letter unauthorized, and so these keep
circulating endlessly like some electronic Fleigander Hollander.

                                            ---= Morgan