Eel, was Re: [Sca-cooks] ..was...Women's Rights

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Oct 11 13:52:06 PDT 2001

"Pixel, Goddess and Queen" wrote:

> You know, eel isn't really that bad. I've had Xmas eve dinner with some
> very traditional Italian Catholic friends, and they serve eel. It tastes
> ok, it's just filled with teeny bones. I prefer the mussels and calamari,
> myself. ;-)

No eel for me. But mussels... there was this restaurant in EUgene that
served them steamed in beer with butter and garlic and lemon with
tomatoes and basil and a big hunk of bread... oh wow... and then antoher
competing restaurant across town pulle d hostile takeover and now ht
building is closed. The menus are still sitting on the tables. And no
more mussels for 'Lainie.

I should see if I can get Seumas to try to make some. I would surely be
overcome in the process and he would find me on the kitchen floor in an
estatic state, with butter and lemon on my face a beer on my breath...

'Lainie