[Sca-cooks] no more OT than some: speaking of tongues....

Volker Bach bachv at paganet.de
Fri Oct 12 00:44:25 PDT 2001

Anne-Marie Rousseau schrieb:

> hey all from Anne-Marie
>
> when in France, we bought something called langue des chats. These were
> small thin wafers of wonderful chocolate (they came in dark and milk
> varieties. The dark was amazing....). They were shaped like cats tongues
> (go figure :)) We should have bought more!! unfortunately we ate them all
> on the canal boat down the Canal de Nivernais in Burgundy :). well, ok, its
> wasnt that much of a hardship....
>
> cursory searches online have not revealed an import source, and even
> subsequent trips to Paris yielded nothing.
>
> can anyone help? The box was long and flat, and red.

I don't know if it helps much, but any Central
European quality foods source (online and off)
should carry them. The German term is
'Katzenzungen', and you can also get them in the
Netherlands and Belgium, though I don't know the
Dutch and Flemish names they sell under. My
childhood favorite ones are made by the chocolate
company Hachez.

Failing anything else I can send you a box. Mind
you, I'm not terribly reliable, though I get
things done eventually (there still is a box of
Lübeck marzipan sitting on my half-constructed
kitchen cupboard that should already be on its way
to someone - well, I can claim it's the disruption
of the mail. Yeah.)

Giano