[Sca-cooks] Sieggy's feast

Siegfried Heydrich baronsig at peganet.com
Wed Oct 17 06:26:09 PDT 2001

    Sources I'd have to go dig out books, so I'm not sure off the top of my
head. Though as I recall, it was described in a couple of the Corrido
stories / poems I read that were late period (written not long after the
reconquista). The dish stuck with me because it sounded so basic & simple,
and because I think just about every culture has their own version of this.
(braised chicken & vegetables, thicker and with more body than a stew, with
lots of soppin' juices) I think it was called Pollo Chilindron, though my
spelling may be off.

    Sieggy