[Sca-cooks] Marzipan creations, & experiments

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Oct 17 19:10:13 PDT 2001

Jennifer's comments about molds reminded me that
Beryl's Cake Decorating and Pastry Supplies
catalogue was advertising a product called
CREATE-A-MOLD. It's a reuseable non-toxic
molding gel that can be melted in the microwave.
See it at: http://beryls.safeshopper.com/130/4850.htm?452
or at http://www.beryls.com/mainpage.htm.
It's priced at $15 for 8.5 ounces.
Has anyone tried this???
She also sells silicone plastique for molding.

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway

Jennifer Whitbeck wrote: SNIPPED.......
> Now, I've started playing with molds too...  I found
> one interesting product I played with this week;
> Crayola's Model Magic. snipped. I found when I tried
 molding marzipan into them, the mold was pliable enough
 to flex and help pop the marzipan out.>