[Sca-cooks] Wierd powder scare

Tara Sersen Boroson tsersen at nni.com
Thu Oct 18 13:15:38 PDT 2001

> The best line I've heard on this so far was from a congressional advice
> page, which says, basically, that even if the white powder in front of you
> does turn out to be anthrax, "Anthrax cannot just leap into your body."

As much as I can't get worked up about it, though, I can see why people
do get overly concerned.  Yes, anthrax is difficult to transmit.  But,
some things like a common cold *are* really easy to transmit.  It can be
hard to comprehend that something as menial as a cold can be transmitted
by using the same computer keyboard as someone, but something as deadly
as anthrax can't.

Not that I am amused by the panic.  I'm only trying to play devil's
advocate here ;)

-Magdalena