Favorite fruitcakes was [Sca-cooks] Flying Haggis

Morgan Cain morgancain at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 19 05:37:43 PDT 2001

My favourite fruitcake is actually the recipe for inside a Black Bun.  It's
very moist and dark, and I use whatever fruits are handy when making.  Even
people who declare they hate fruitcake have loved this - probably because it
is just fruit and cake, nothing in strange colours or candied and no nuts.

Technically, that's all a fruitcake is, and I've tried a number of old
recipes (Victorian and earlier) with quite a bit of success.  I don't know
if Stout Cake would qualify but it works well, it's a cake made with
Guinness and currants.

                  ---= Morgan (who should be baking for New Year's)