[Sca-cooks] Being A Cook

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Fri Oct 19 23:34:52 PDT 2001

hey all from Anne-Marie

in my experience, any publication that means to serve everyone often ends
up serving few.

a society wide publication on autocratting (I havent read this CA yet, so I
do not mean to cast aspersion on it in specific. I speak in generalities
only) seems doomed to being so vague as to be useless.

Likewise each area will produce feasts differently. The tightly controlled
complexity and high graphic content way the Madrone Culinary GUild runs
feasts works well for us. But then we've been doing this for about 20
years. It would not neccessarily work well in every area. Each state has
different laws about liquor and food handling permits. Each SCA branch will
have different resources for costing, and skilled vs unskilled labor.

I for one am delighted to share the methods we use here in Madrone, but
always caution that works for us may not work for everyone.

--AM