[Sca-cooks] Re: Favorite fruitcakes

welsh10thcent at tds.net welsh10thcent at tds.net
Mon Oct 22 09:06:26 PDT 2001

Yes True mincemeat is made with meat, most folks dont remember or have never tasted true mincemeat.  Itis a long process but the results are wonderful.  Always made in Fall, since it requires meat, usually butchered in the fall, apples, raisins (grapes yah know :) ), spices, wine or cider, and i dont remember whatelse, there is like 25 things in it, then you cook it to death and can it.  i dont have my grandmothers recipe for it anymore but would love to find one again.

Morvran ab Thomas of Cardiff
Barony of Sternfeld
mka Indianapolis, IN

okay...not to show my lack of knowledge or anything ;)
but I thought that mincemeat was made from the nuts
not actual meat...am I missing something here or just
been told REALLY wrong?

                      Orlaith