[Sca-cooks] Re: Favorite fruitcakes

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 22 16:23:00 PDT 2001

Well, all I can say is the old adage, "There is no
accounting for taste, said the old lady who kissed the
cow."

Me, I love candied fruit, especially glace cherries.
And I adore most fruit cakes, with the exception of a
persimmon fruit cake my mother occasionally makes.  It
is way too dry and awful tasting.  But then I really
don't like persimmons either.

Huette

--- Morgana Abbey <morgana.abbey at juno.com> wrote:
> Trust me on this.  The commercial "fruit peel"
> really sucks and my mother
> (who is a good cook) tried making her own.  I still
> think it's chopped up
> erasers.  Dried apricots are much better.
>
> We've also made mincemeat--yep, there was beef and
> suet in it.  We ate it
> in small slices.
>
> Morgana

=====