[Sca-cooks] silver leaf

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Oct 24 23:24:43 PDT 2001

Misha asked:
> I've seen a lamprey before and the tops of them are a bluish silver and the
> bottom is a silver color. Silver leaf.....where could I get some of this?

I think this file in the FOOD-SWEET-DECORATED section has some sources.
If not, it still has some useful info on how to apply the stuff.
gilded-food-msg   (22K)  4/19/99    Gilded foods. Using gold and silver foil.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/gilded-food-msg.html

There are also some sources in this file in the SCRIBAL ARTS section,
but I don't know if they are pure enough to be eaten:
gold-leaf-msg     (18K)  3/ 7/96    Working with gold leaf, tools.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCRIBAL-ARTS/gold-leaf-msg.html
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net