[Sca-cooks] An announcement from the South

Tara Sersen Boroson tsersen at nni.com
Fri Oct 26 06:56:18 PDT 2001

Nichola, as my husband and I are similarly infected with this particular
disease for the first time, I can lend you some first-hand advice.
First, another male symptom is backaches from following the female
around in a hunched over position in an attempt to put his hands on her
stomach and make cooing noises.  You might want to invest in a heating
pad for that back.  Also, be careful not to carry that cooing action
over into the workplace.  Your coworkers will think you're *really*
wierd.  Second, the females are also prone to backaches, and once they
realize how easy it is to solicit back rubs from the males, they begin
to take frequent advantage of it.  You might want to look into hiring a
masseuse.  Fortunately for both of your backs, your wallets will quickly
become incredibly lighter and easier to carry.

:)

Congratulations!

Food content:  While I didn't get much morning sickness, oh boy did I
get food aversions!  While nothing made me sick, absolutely nothing
sounded even vaguely appealing.  For over a month, my poor husband had
to drag me around, forlorn, trying to find any food that sounded like
something I might enjoy eating.  I couldn't get into cooking, since none
of it sounded good.  He'd sit there listing restaurants, trying to come
up with something that appealed to me.  Finally, I'd say "Just take me
somewhere where I can get something healthful.  I'll order something I
usually enjoy and be satisfied with it.  Just choose a restaurant where
*you* want to go."  After three years of my dragging him to every ethnic
restaurant under the sun, you'd think he'd have been thrilled to be able
to choose the restaurant every time!  ;)

-Magdalena