[Sca-cooks] Photos of Royal Luncheon at Pas d'Arms

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 26 08:29:53 PDT 2001

That faux porker is just too darn cute for words, save perhaps:  "Oh my
god, they've killed Piglet!  Those $%^&s!"

I did the pastry boar's head thing once, filled with mincemeat.  King Guy
started scooping out his portion at the beginning of the course, whereupon
I announced to the audience:  "The King Has The Brains Of A Pig."  Hoo, was
I in trouble!  Then:  "I have an amendement to the previous announcement:
The King Has Not Got The Brains Of A Pig."  That didn't help, so I beat a
hasty retreat.  Fortunately, Guy's a buddy with a sense of humor, so I
escaped beheading that day.

Selene