[Sca-cooks] Photos of Royal Luncheon at Pas d'Arms

Debra Hense DHense at ifmc.org
Fri Oct 26 09:06:16 PDT 2001

Lady Olwen the Odd wrote:

<<
Great!  I finally got to see the pictures.  You folks did a great job!  Who
did the pig?  I LOVED it!  What was it made of?

I did the pig.   Its made of two previously cooked boneless
pork roasts.  One roast which formed the body, the other I
carved to shape the head, and the legs/feet.  Turnips were
carved to form the ears and the tail.   I covered the body with
a brioche dough that had been lightly colored pink, and not
allowed to rise!  Then I plopped on marchino cherry eyes and
a whole apple into its mouth and stuck the whole think in a
moderate oven until the dough was done.

I forgot to mention - we also had beef kabobs on the menu.
They were simple cubes of beef rolled in garlic, chives and
parsley, then threaded onto wooden skewers and grilled.

Kateryn de Develyn