[Sca-cooks] Compost??

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 26 13:28:33 PDT 2001

Nikki McGeary <draculachanter at yahoo.com> wrote:
>  You *do* mean "compote", yes?

No, Compost. There are recipes in a number of period cookbooks. It's
sort of a chutney, big lumps of fruits and vegetables (and sometimes
immature/green walnuts), preserved in a liquid made with vinegar,
wine, sugar, mustard, and a multitude of spices.

I have the recipe for the Compost i made last year on my website. We
served approx. 72 people. I made about 4 gallons and 3-1/2 gallons
got eaten.

You can get to the recipe from here:
http://witch.drak.net/lilinah/menu.html
That's the index for all the Beacon's Gate Boar Hunt 2000 recipes are.

Anahita