[Sca-cooks] 13th Century Icelandic Fish Skin Tanning Techniques

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Oct 27 21:47:27 PDT 2001

Bronwynmgn at aol.com wrote:

> --
> I wonder if it was the same "mouthy Laurel" (the Laurel in question referred
> to herself that way, so I'm not insulting her) who once told me that
> handsewing a new gown in the hall at an event, and explaining to people how I
> did it and how I found out how to do it did not count as encouraging the Arts
> and Sciences.  Apparently the ONLY WAY(tm) to do that is to enter and to run
> Arts and Sciences competitions.  Kingdom level ones.  The local ones I had
> been involved with counted for so little that I was told I had no right to
> venture an opinion as to whether they were either useful or enjoyable.

Brangwayna, could I be so gauche as to ask you to identify this person privately (SCA-Cooks begins to chant, sing-song, "Somebody's gonna get a new and painful sphincter!"). I mean, what _really_ is the good of being a laurel and your kingdom MoAS if you can't crush such bugs?

Of course, the irony is, in part, that the East _has_ no kingdom-level
A&S competitions, so one wonders how both this laurel and I, for that
matter, could have managed to do anything that counts as encouragement
of A&S endeavor...

Adamantius, among the last of a dying breed of A&S anarchists
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com