[Sca-cooks] speaking of pasta makers

Angie Malone alm4 at cornell.edu
Tue Oct 30 09:37:06 PST 2001

At 11:20 AM -0500 10/30/01, johnna holloway wrote:
>I rather thought that I'd get a motor for
>my small pasta machine with the rollers
>  than get the Kitchen-aid
>pasta maker. You also have to buy the grinder
>first don't you?
>Johnna Holloway

Depends on which attachment you get.

If you want the attachment that extrudes the pasta much like a pasta
maker you need the grinder attachment to go with the plates.

For use with the Food Grinder attachment. Includes five
interchangeable plates, storage stomper to hold pasta plates, and
cleaning tool. Easily prepare fresh homemade pasta for sauces,
salads, and casseroles.  22.99 at:

http://www.kitchencollection.com/

There is another attachment that looks like the pasta rolling thing
that you crank by hand that looks like the wringer on the wringer
washer.  That's a separate attachment.

In the sur la table catalog it says:

Kitchen Aid Pasta Attachment set

Augment the usefulness of your stand mixer by adding a pasta
attachment.  Our special set includes three attachments: a roller and
two cutters.  The roller makes sheets of pasta, including egg noodles
and lasagna.  An adjustment knob lets you knead dough quickly and
work it to the desired thickness.  The fettucine cutter cuts sheets
produced by the roller into fettucine noodles.  The linguine cutter
lets you  cut into thin noodles, very thin sheets can be cut into
angel-hair pasta.

It's 99.95 in the sur la table catalog online at:

http://www.surlatable.com

I have both sets of attachments.  Haven't tried out the roller thing yet.

    Angeline