[Sca-cooks] My first Aten event

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Oct 30 22:31:23 PST 2001

> fear not, gentle Gunther....if you cook it they will come (eventually :)).
> Just go easy so as not to spook the hosses....
>
> --Anne-Marie, who loves teaching people about the wonders of medieval food,
> but who also realises that if you go too fast you'll freak 'em out....

I believe you also have to be careful not to move to a new area and
immediately start saying or giving the impression of "They did things
so much better where I came from. You ought to etc, etc, etc.". This tends
to put folks on the defensive and keeps them from hearing your real
message. Of course, this may not apply to Counts and possible Crown
contenders.

However, I've always lived in the same barony, and certainly the same
kingdom, so I've not made such a change myself, although I've observed
folks come into our area with this attitude. And there is this file
in the NEWCOMERS section with more information:
SCA-trans-msg     (18K)  1/ 4/96    How to handle the move from one
group to
                                      another. For the people in the
group too.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/NEWCOMERS/SCA-trans-msg.html

Good luck, Gunthar. So, will you be cooking a feast or winning Crown in
Atenveldt first to further your missionary aims?

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net