[Sca-cooks] Elk Candy Company's dark chocolate marzipan acorns

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Oct 31 17:17:18 PST 2001

Mark.S Harris wrote:

> Adamantius commented:
>
>>it's a good thing my kid has become extremely enamored of marzipan within the past 24 hours or so, having been introduced to the Elk Candy Company's dark chocolate marzipan acorns.
>>

> Are these acorns chocolate covered marzipan? or marzipan covered
> chocolate? Either way, they sound like they might be good. Is this
> a small local company or is this product available nationally? Or
> perhaps there is website where these are available?

Elk Candy is a small local confectioner on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. I don't know if they ship to any great extent. My son and I love to go in there not only for the interesting and always high-quality chocolate stuff, marzipan pigs, gingerbread houses, etc., but also for the sort of cartoony stereotype "surly Euro-trash" manner of the owner, who generally mans the counter in the afternoons. He kinda reminds me of Mike Myers as Dieter, the host of 'Sprockets' on SNL ("Your story has grown tiresome...")

They also sell house-made chocolate langues du chat, I discovered yesterday.

Adamantius

--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com