[Sca-cooks] Re: herbal question

Angie Malone alm4 at cornell.edu
Wed Oct 31 21:40:01 PST 2001

> > Better for treating tooth decay in the long term. The burn from wasabi
> > is too short lived to be of much use to your sinus clearing needs. Cayenne
> > is a much better choice for that. :)

I disagree about the sinus clearing.  Maybe it depends on how much wasabi
you eat, and how much they have watered it down.  When we first started
visiting the chinese buffet I didn't know you were supposed to mix the
wasabi with the soy sauce so I was smearing on a liberal amount and gnawing
on it.  Sometimes depending on exactly how much you ate at one time and
whether or not you enhaled it would really clean out things.  ( I have
horrendous sinus problems.)  One chinese buffet place waters it down, one
doesn't.

I most of the time don't add soy sauce to my wasabi, I like it hot like that.

         Angeline