[Sca-cooks] Jams & Preserves (Redaction)

Rhiannahn rhiannah at australis.aunz.com
Sun Sep 2 06:21:17 PDT 2001

Greetings All

I am starting on my first redaction of preserves (yes this is for
competition).  As I have had little yet to do with redacting a recipe on my
own I was wondering if anyone else has tried to redact these types of
recipes.  Most others I have spoken to have concentrated mainly on the
basics - soups, mains & desserts.  As I have a ready supply I oranges (raid
mum's tree) I have decided on an orange marmalet.  I have two books with
differing recipes ... The English Housewife - Edited by Michael R Best &
Delights for Ladies by Sir Hugh Platt.  I have one other book with similar
recipes for marmalet of Quinces - The Good Housewife's Jewel by Thomas
Dawson.   As I have had little experience with redacting or with jams &
conserves I was hoping someone might have a few ideas or pointers for me.

Thanks for you help.

Arglwyddes Rhiannahn uerch Rhianfellt uerch Rhydderch Rhayader (AA, OBT)
(Cheryl Holland)
Arts & Sciences Mistress, Barony of River Haven
icq 118320906