[Sca-cooks] Selene's Dread Chcolate Mousse

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Tue Sep 4 06:28:20 PDT 2001

I fixed this as a dessert for a dinner we had for friends on Saturday
evening.  Unbelievable!!!!  Pronounced a definite "keeper" by all who
indulged.

Got a question, though.  The texture seemed a bit grainy...from the
sugar.  I used plain old granulated sugar.  Should I have used icing or
caster sugar?  By icing, I don't mean the confectioner's stuff that has
cornstarch in it, but rather the real stuff like you get from a baker's
supply place.  Also, I might cut back a bit on the sugar...it was VERY
sweet, which could have resulted from the Chambord I used?

thanks for your advice!

Kiri