[Sca-cooks] Barbaric actions?

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 11 11:08:14 PDT 2001

I haven't heard this story on any of the newscasts. And
right now I am inclined to disbelieve it until I hear
something further. Basically in this situation it wouldn't
make much sense. For one thing it would take too long. And
the logistics would be incredible. Also, there have been
no reports of any advance warning as such calls would have
been. In a hostage situation that goes on for hours or days
this would be believable. But not here. And if it were done
it wouldn't be considered "Barbaric" by those who did the
deed. It would show their compassion in letting their
victims say goodbye. Just as they feel they are doing the
right thing by dying for Allah and liberating their people.
Yes, I do feel that this was acted out by fundamentalists.
Mainly because I was on a counterterror
team in Europe and know the actions of the groups. Basic
militia and IRA groups don't like to die for their cause,
muslum terrorists consider it the highest honor.

Gunthar