[Sca-cooks] [Sca-cooks]blood shelf life

Morgana Abbey morgana.abbey at juno.com
Wed Sep 12 15:45:23 PDT 2001

Not quite.  Platelets have a 5 day shelf life.  Whole blood has a 6 week
shelf life.  Plasma may keep even longer--I don't remember.

More importantly, this country's blood supplies are always LOW.    The
people who start donating now should continue when they become eligible
again--in 8 weeks.

I'm a platelet donor--they take me every month.  Most of us go every 2
weeks, but they said I'm on the small side.

It's a good thing.  Makes up for our flaws, if you want the karmic spin.

Morgana