[Sca-cooks] Dayboard: D minus 12

Bethra Spicewell christina_elisabeth at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 17 12:29:11 PDT 2001

Greetings, all

    Much thanks to those who offered advice with the garlic sauce. And
even more to all of you, who gave me the confidence to say "OK" when I
was asked to do a dayboard.
    The trial comes in less than 2 weeks, and I'm winding down the
shopping, and starting up the cooking. Thought I'd post the (probably)
finalized menu for your perusal, comments and whatever. It's not very
period, but I guess it's a good place to start, eh?

Assorted Cheeses
Gold & Silver Eggs (plain and pickled hardboiled eggs)
Sausage Nibbles (sausage, seasonings and biscuit mix)

Carrot & Celery Chunks
Green & Black Olives

Stewed Lentils
Chicken & Pear Stew ("Ein Buch von Guter Spise" number 30)

Cold Roast Beef
Roasted Garlic Sauce, Horseradish Sauce & Red Mustard

Breads: White & Rye
Honeyed Butter, Herb Butter, Plain Whipped Butter

Crispy Nut Slices (pecan cookies)

Dried Cherries, Raisins,  & Almonds

Spiced Cider, Lemon-Nutmeg Drink, Cold Brewed Tea, Water

Bethra
_____
Christina Elisabeth de la Griffon Riant
Barony of Stonemarche   EK