[Sca-cooks] Will cook for garb!!!

Nicolas Steenhout vavroom at bmee.net
Sat Sep 22 15:41:08 PDT 2001

Arghhh.  I'm in the middle of getting an late Tudor outfit, fairly simple
pattern from McCall's.  But I'm not a seamster (???) by any stretch of the
imagination!  I'll get it done, but I had a thought as I was "fighting" all
of this, trying to figure out basting (what?  You're not supposed to
moisten the fabric with melted butter?!?), grain line (putting your rice
all in a row???), and wrong from right side (looks just the same!  ackk...).

Gosh darn, 'twould be nice to exchange food, which I *can* easily do, for
garb...  Ha!  I guess this is the wrong list to throw the idea out,
eh?  We're all cooks here...

Ohhh, how I miss my "T Tunics"...

And back to work I go, got to finish these breeches, but gonna be thinking
of stewed lentils with tomatoes, garlic, and a bit of olive oil!

Muiredach mac Loloig
Rokkehealden Shire
aka
Nicolas Steenhout