[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks: cat tipping

Richard Kappler rkappler at home.com
Sun Sep 23 11:45:44 PDT 2001

The dogs and I just don't get it.  We occasionally bowl cats over, launch
them, chase them up trees and other such delightful pastimes, but 'cat
tipping?'  Mind you, were we to 'tip' one of the two resident felines of
Puck's Glen, we still wouldn't get it.  Stoopid Cat prolly wouldn't even
realise he'd been tipped, and the Cute Little Red Haired Girl's Belle would
accept the tip and use it to go shopping....

Now tipping little deaf girls on the other hand, ranks right up there with
girls, squirrels and snausages!  Especially since she doesn't realize just
how little she is, is well protected by two Big Yellow Dogs, and has a
generally good sense of humour despite a Cecil B. DeMille case of the
Turrible Twos.  Her mother finds it quite maddening.  First I tip her, then
she tries to tip me (I have about 4 1/2 feet and 225 pounds on her, but she
never seems to notice) then the dogs come to the rescue.  Realizing that she
is not in danger and owing their loyalty to no one world more than the
Magga-raptor except me, they join in the fun.  Soon follows a rough and
tumble with legs, teeth and fur flying everywhere about the joint and much
noise.  Typically at this point one of two things happen: either
Son-of-Puck's miniscule ragmop dog or a cat wanders into the fray and it
turns into a game of small quadraped football (Puck's Glen livingroom
variant) or Herself enters the room.  When the latter occurs the Big Yellow
Dogs do as they've been trained, taking the blame and cower quite
convincingly, whilst Veloci-Mags and I saunter away innocently whistling a
jaunty tune.  (Ever heard a deaf child try to whistle?  You haven't lived!)

regards, Puck