[Sca-cooks] Figs revisited

Nikki McGeary draculachanter at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 24 13:48:30 PDT 2001

****shuddering as she treads here****  What the heck
is a southern
fried pie
and why would anyone outside of Graceland want to eat
one

--I'm laughing at your response...
Well, my Deep South relatives made an egg pie crust,
rolled it out and cut approx. 8-inch circles to form
turnovers, filled them with extraordinarily yummy
preserved peaches or whatever was at hand, and fried
them in lard.  Yes, I'm aware of the cringe factor
there... *grin*  I've since become vegetarian, so my
version is decidedly less artery-hardening...flaky pie
dough made with vegetable shortening and the pies are
baked rather than fried...

Heloise

=====
"In France, every Frenchman knows his language from A to Zed. The French don't care what they do, actually, as long as they pronounce it properly."
--Prof. Henry Higgins