[Sca-cooks] OT - How to eat a Mars bar . . .

Ted Eisenstein Alban at socket.net
Mon Sep 24 09:35:37 PDT 2001

>	Of course, as just about any American can tell you,
>that's entirely the wrong way to treat a Mars bar.  Mars
>bars go in the *freezer* -- it's ice cream that should be
>deep fried.  ;)
Now that we're on the subject of frozen/fried desserts. . .
I've always been tempted to try the Frozen Florida that
someone named Nicolas Curti (I think) came up with. It's
modelled on a Baked Alaska - but the inside's warm, with a cold
outside. I believe you take a cake, douse it with liqueur, mold
lots of ice cream and stuff on the outside, and freeze it well and
truly. Just before serving, you nuke it lightly. If you do it right,
the liqueur will warm up but the ice cream won't have a chance
to melt - and, voila! warm insides and cold outsides.

Sounds tempting. . .

Alban