[Sca-cooks] THANKS FOR THE LETTUCE SUGGESTIONS

Seton1355 at aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Wed Sep 26 16:59:58 PDT 2001

Thanks to Wrynne, Johnna and Adamantius for their good lettuce keeping ideas.
 I haven't seen Zip Loc bags with vent holes for years, but I will go and
look again, maybe I have just been missing them.

I tried the paper towel trick with no success (maybe it's just me)

It's not an option for me to grow my own lettuce just now and we are heading
into fall/ winter so the question would still remain, what would I do when I
bought lettuce at the store?

I have a new (2 ½ yr old) Maytag refrigerator and I guess it keeps things ok,
but I can't say, brilliantly........
But Johnna, I just remembered I have a green Tupperware lettuce keeper in my
basement. I guess it's time to resurrect it! I once kept lettuce fresh  in it
for 7 weeks.