[Sca-cooks] Re: Mooses

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Fri Sep 28 10:06:36 PDT 2001

Johnnae llyn Lewis commented:
> I just checked Alan Davidson and apparently the Europeans
> lump the Moose into the Elk family. And Elk were found in
> Europe... so maybe they had elk (smaller than a moose) in
> Europe. I shall have to check some other sources. Perhaps
> one only has to roast something the size of an elk???

Not too long ago, we talked about the period Middle Eastern
dish, possibly fictitious, possibly real, of a cooking a
camel, which inside that had another animal and in that
another animal etc.

So if they could do that, they could probably cook an elk
or moose. Whether the folks in the SCA could do that is
another question considering the number of whole roasted pig
disasters.

Stefan li Rous