Royal whims (was: [Sca-cooks] RE: Butter and Brie and Yams, O h my!)

Tue Sep 4 07:58:18 PDT 2001

Hmmm, sunglasses are period.  13th Century (IIRC) Chinese.  Made from thin
sheets of dark rock crystal.  I understand they were optically terrible.

Eyeglasses in general are also late period as a product of Northern Italy
and especially the Venetian glassmakers, but I don't recall tinted
eyeglasses being mentioned as part of their work.

Bear