[Sca-cooks] Re: Royal whims

Dunbar, Debra debra.dunbar at aspenpubl.com
Tue Sep 4 09:19:11 PDT 2001

There are lots of cool ways to deal with "non period" items at events - my
husband and I often marvel outloud at the strange exotic foods we are served
at events when they are not of our era.  How rich and well traveled our
hosts must be to find such interesting and unusual foods!

Likewise, when the whole elf-ear thing at Pennsic was such a big deal, I
once had a long conversation with such a poor deformed creature (obviously
terribly poor from the rags that barely covered her body).  I advised her
where she could find some kind monks who would feed her, find her some warm
clothing and take care of her medical needs, despite her terrible
disfigurements.  From her response, she was clearly wandering in her mind -
from chill and lack of nourishment, no doubt.

I have to say, this stuff actually adds to my enjoyment of events.
Wrynne