[Sca-cooks] a grain question- probably OOP

Wed Sep 5 06:54:27 PDT 2001

Kaffir or kaffir corn is Sorghum bicolor.  It is originally African in
origin and has been transplanted successfully to the U.S. Great Plains.
Which is probably what is meant in this case.

"Stooking" is very likely a pronunciation error for "shocking" or stacking
the headed stalks in an upright position.

Bear