[Sca-cooks] Period food myths

Tara tsersen at nni.com
Fri Sep 7 11:30:53 PDT 2001

> > Offhand, www.seedsavers.org is great.
>
> The people who just spammed me this morning? ("We are writing to you
> because you've shown an interest in saving/exchanging seeds"? Oh really?
> Where was that? Was I online at the time?)

Have you ordered from another online seed place, or something similar?
I must admit, while I despise and resent spam that is of no interest, or
is overly frequent, occasional well-targeted spam isn't all that
offensive.  I mean, it's no worse than getting something in the mail
from Amnesty International because I use Working Assets.  Yeah, I might
not sign up with them, but at it's not like Glorious Glendas Triple X
Nubile Young Thangs spamming me twice daily because I bought a book on
medieval calligraphy from amazon.com.  There are an awful lot of really
cool organizations and companies I've found out about through snail mail
spam that I never would have found otherwise.  Similarly, I don't mind
getting an e-mail newsletter from jewishmusic.com or seedsofchange.com
every couple of months, because I do buy from both companies.

-Magdalena