[Sca-cooks] Six and counting

Brian L. Rygg or Laura Barbee-Rygg rygbee at montana.com
Fri Sep 7 16:10:07 PDT 2001

Here in Montana, you can marry without benefit of clergy, JP, or anyone
'officiating.'  It probably dates to the pioneer era when it could be 6
months or more before seeing a clergy person.  When Brian and I married each
other, we had the ceremony behind the Public Library in their gardens and
then went to the courthouse a year later (procrastinators) and paid our $25
to have it registered in a big old-fashioned ledger book at the County
Courthouse downtown (we were #22).  Costs the same as a marriage license.

Raoghnailt