[Sca-cooks] heritage seeds

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sat Sep 8 03:33:30 PDT 2001

You might also want to add these books to the listing:

Weaver, William Woys. Heirloom Vegetable Gardening. A Master's
Gardener's Guide to Planting, Seed Saving, and Cultural History.
New York: Henry Holt and Company, 1997. [also in paperback]
--439 pages of detailing the heirloom garden today and 280 selected
heirloom varieties with histories and descriptions.
Comprehensive for American gardeners, lists sources, bibliography.

Weaver also wrote 100 Vegetables and Where They Came From.
Chapel Hill, NC: Algonquin Books of Chapel Hill, 2000.

The New York Times featured Weaver and his garden in an article
entitled "A Keeper of Seeds, Exotic and Antique." section B12,
Thursday, March 15, 2001.

Johnnae llyn Lewis

Johnna Holloway

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> On the subject of obtaining heritage vegetable seeds, this message was
> posted to this list a while back, but I'm reposting it here now because
> I think it is germane to this discussion. It has not gotten into the
> Florilegium, yet. (Yeah, okay sometimes it takes me a while to get to
> things)
> --
> THLord  Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of Ansteorra
> Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net

SNIPPED DUE TO LENGTH SEE ORIGINAL REPOSTING