[Sca-cooks] Caffeinated drinks was:food differences

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Mon Sep 10 20:13:58 PDT 2001

> > Theoretically, I suppose, you could caffeinate ginger ale, but then it
> > wouldn't be ginger ale. In the US there is a brand of caffeinated soda
> > water, I can't remember what it is. I believe the target market is
> > computer programmers. ;)
> >
> > -- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa

And students! I remember it- it tasted VILE- caffeine is really bitter-
that's why they add so much sugar to it.

johnna holloway wrote:

> Check mountain dew sometime... and also there was that
> pepsi clear for awhile with caffeine too.
> Given these new power drinks that are being mixed with
> vodka.. the soft drinks are being left in the dust.
> Johnnae

Problem is the folks who are wixing alcohol and Red Bull etc are doing
nasty things tho their bodies- there was a guy a couple of weeks ago- He
hadn't eaten a real meal- went to the gym, ate a couple of Power Bars,
did a full workout, then went to the club and slammed back FOUR of these
Red Bull/booze drinks. Really should have been no surprise when his
heart couldn't take it. I call this Darwinism in Action!

'Lainie
who learned hard lessons about caffeine in grad school...