[Sca-cooks] emeril

Nicolas Steenhout vavroom at bmee.net
Mon Sep 10 22:02:56 PDT 2001

Benneachd De!

Allow me to poke my 2 cents about Emeril in there.

He used to have a pretty informative and decent cook show. Before the media
took him and made hime the "monster" he is now.

The man is now a show guy who happens to be able to cook, not the other way
around.  I'm convinced he can cook, and manage restaurants
successfully.  He's had to prove himself, as I have, as countless others
have done and will do.

I fear that the fame may be pushing him away from his early cooking
roots.  When I catch him on tv, I notice that he's not accurate in his
definitions anymore.

So, Ther'es good and bad about Emeril.  If you have a chance, check out his
earlier cool shows, *much* better, focused on cooking, accurate
information.  None of the shalala you find with his current show.

Just 2 cents from this lowly highlander!

Muiredach mac Loloig
Rokkehealden Shire
aka
Nicolas Steenhout